Responsive Design, when less is more, a unique, multifunctional and adaptable URL with the objective of giving good browsing experience regardless of which device the user chooses to access the domain. Search Engine Journal (SEJ)confirms the enormous advantages of its implementation:
1) Google favors this design and recommends its implementation, from their point of view, it is the best option to attract Internet users who connect on their smartphones or tablets and for this reason The software giant encourages companies to integrate Responsive Design by giving them better search result positioning. According to their data, only 6% of the companies are implementing web pages adapted to all the different types of devices.
2) A web, an URL. Makes things easier for the user. In fact, websites that change depending on their version are relegated to the last positions on the search pages. In addition, integrating RD gives an added value: keeps all redirects (backlinks) to websites even if the design is changed.
3) Responsive Design is effective in combating rebounding rates by always showing the same content, but in a functional way. The challenge is to continuously offer visitors what they are looking for. However, poor and unoriginal information is valued adversely by Google and affects hotel web positioning.
4) Improves and enhances user experience. Responsive Design is the best alternative to capture mobile internet attention. These users continuously navigate on different terminals, so the demand is high.
Moreover, the spanish National Observatory of Telecommunications (ONTSI) latest report emphasizes the fact that the online world has become a natural environment for more than 18 million Spaniards, who access the network daily.
The study also reveals a significant increase in mobility, since 70% of the users accessed Internet outside their homes or workplaces in the last 3 months. Mobile device use is a reality that must be taken into account. Spain being the European country with the highest increase in smartphone and tablet connections.
Therefore, Contunegocio.es also highlights Responsive Design advantages:
1) Cost savings. It is true that developing a responsive website requires extra effort from the designer, but in the end it is more economical. Only one HTML and CSS version is needed to cover all screen resolutions, therefore creation and maintenance costs are reduced.
2) SEO. Search engine optimization is different for mobile devices. SEO maintains traditional elements, but the algorithms retrieving the information change in many ways. When performing a mobile search Google prioritizes, over the others, sites using Responsive Design because it is easier to retrieve information.
3) Visibility. Being present in the mobile environment has a clear quantitative component: greater presence for different devices, increased traffic to your website. This is where Responsive Design offers a clear advantage, as no specific applications for different mobile versions (iPhone, Android, etc..) have to be developed.
In short, going for this type of design requires time and significant investment but in the long run is much more positive.