Social networks, mobile devices or search online optimization, have and will change the way users interact with companies and vice versa. And now, as we approach 2015 we must evaluate the most efficient marketing strategies.
Forbes has compiled seven techniques that are used today in marketing and that seem to have plenty of life left in them.
1) Content Marketing. The aim is to attract and captivate readers with interesting, new information and an approach that stands out from the competition, this is a must. Communication through social media, corporate hotel blogs and email marketing are great options for promoting online interaction between a hotel and its guests. However, the set up costs must adapt to a coherent investment level. This allows for an ideal ROI, which is a key factor. According to a Forrester study published by AdAge, only 14% of companies apply a correct content marketing strategy.
2) Social Media Marketing. Social networks are essential to any company, but each hotel must carefully select which platforms best meet their needs. The decision should be made based on the target market and their habits.
3) Images that will win over our users. As the saying goes, an image is worth a thousand words and this is proved true on the internet. Content must be appealing to the eye, and attached photos take on an important role. Other visual aids such as charts and infographics also help to attract readers.
4) Less is more. In an aggressively competitive market such as this one, one must stand out, be original and break the mould. This is why platforms such as Vime are so successful, offering videos of no more than six seconds.
5) Mobile devices and responsive design. Even though it is an inevitable process, some companies have still not got the message. In fact, according to Google’s data, only 6% of pages have a guaranteed compatibility and usability level that is adequate for smartphones and tablets.
6) Retargeting. Using cookies and browser cache, search engines can show advertising that the user has already visited in other pages. This means that web surfers can see offers for the products that they are most interested in, increasing the chances of their booking a hotel, for example.
7) The tight link between SEO and social networks. The more users share your content on these platforms, the better organic positioning your hotel’s website will achieve.
Do you know Innwise and the services they offer? As a company that specializes in Online Marketing, we are pioneers in the latest tendencies and are ahead of the sector’s needs thanks to our hotel know how.